Listed below are all of the accredited schools in Colorado that offer Health Administration degree programs.go to school listings
To find out more about how you can expand your education to enter the field of healthcare administration and by attending a healthcare services management program in Colorado, request information from the schools below. The more information you, the better you will be able to make a decision about which program best meets your interests and needs.
With a sizable resident population and a large amount of tourists that come through every year, Colorado's healthcare needs vary from season to season. Healthcare administrators in this state must tailor their organization's offerings, marketing strategies, and staffing to suit what their area needs. Some of the most prominent healthcare organizations in this state include the Medical Center of Aurora, Poudre Valley Hospital, and Rose Medical Center.
To poise yourself as a leader in the medical community of Colorado, consider earning a healthcare administration degree. Selecting the right school for you is the first step. Think carefully about what your goals are and look for professors whose careers match your aspirations. If you want to work in a specific medical specialty, look at the concentrations offered by each school. By choosing the right school, you can get the education you need to thrive in a fast-paced healthcare management setting.
Healthcare Administration Education in Colorado
- Health Information Technology: Learning how to securely collect and store patient information in line with patient privacy laws.
- Marketing for Health Services Organizations: Being able to market your association, services, and specialists to the community at large to ensure a strong reputation.
- Healthcare Financial Management: Meeting the staffing and equipment needs of your organization while staying within a set budget.
- Healthcare Staff Management: Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of staff members, supporting managers and supervisors in their roles, and creating a strong feeling of teamwork in your organization.
- Healthcare Technology and Research: This is an important course, as Healthcare IT News notes that technology is constantly redesigning how patients participate in healthcare.
While you're in school, you may benefit greatly from membership in one of Colorado's many professional organizations. These associations serve several roles in the community; they advocate for health workers, connect administrators and managers with job listings, and provide updates on the field. Some of the largest organizations in Colorado include:
- Colorado Health Care Association
- Colorado Association of Healthcare Executives
- Home Care Association of Colorado
- Healthcare Financial Management Association of Colorado
If you would like some resources that may help you offset the costs of your Colorado healthcare admin degree, you may look into some of the following options. The Colorado Masons' Benevolent Fund Scholarships, MGMA Western Section Scholarships (specific to those intending to get a degree in a program related to medical practice management), and the Colorado Student Grants program are good places to start looking for financial aid in Colorado.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in Colorado
Throughout Colorado, the needs of healthcare companies, insurance providers, and patients are changing rapidly. Care has to be more accessible, more affordable, and more evidence-based. This can be a challenging task, but with a degree in healthcare administration, you can get the skills you need to help healthcare institutions navigate this time of great growth. With this degree, you may qualify for positions at clinics, insurance firms, and other healthcare businesses.
Growth in this field is expected to be quite positive in Colorado. Through 2022, O*Net predicts a 27% jump in medical management jobs. The average salary for a healthcare administrator in Colorado is $101,200 per year (O*Net, 2014).
If you want to build on your leadership skills and use them in an evolving career field, contact healthcare administration schools in Colorado to learn more about these opportunities. We recommend that you contact the Colorado schools that offer health admin programs and request information from all of those you might be interested in. This will allow you to compare and contrast key aspects of each program to ensure you make a well informed choice.