Albert W. Dent Healthcare Administration Scholarship For Graduate Students
This scholarship was established to recognize & honor Albert W. Dent who was the first African-American Fellow of ACHE. For students that are attending the American College of Healthcare Executives this sholarship will be available as long as you are in good standing. The funds for this financial aid scholarship program are to help any ACHE minority student finance their education needs.
The actual name of this scholarship is: Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship
This ACHE scholarship opportunity is part of a number of available financial assistance programs held by the ACHE which puts their total distributions to about 20 scholarships to students a year with this one included. The award amount for the winner of this scholarship is $5,000 and is specifically for minority students who are in their last year of a degree in the healthcare management graduate program. The funds of the scholarship can be used for the Healthcare Management student's loans, tuition or other expenses they incur while in school.
The Eligibility Requirements for an Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria are as follows:
- You are a Student Associate in good standing of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
- You are a minority student who is enrolled in full-time study for the upcoming fall term, which is your final year of classroom work in a healthcare management graduate program*, and have a graduation date between Fall 2012 and Spring 2013. If you have a residency as part of your program and the upcoming fall term will be your second year of study, you may apply for a scholarship. (Example: your final day of class will be in May 2013 and your final day of your residency will be in May 2014.) If you have already completed your classroom work and are in the residency part of your program, you are not eligible to apply.
- You can demonstrate financial need.
- You are a U.S. or Canadian citizen.
- You have not been a previous recipient of this scholarship or the Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship.
Scholarship Deadlines are March 30th of the application year and applications are accepted starting on January 1st. The winners are announced in the month of July. You can apply for the Dent Scholarship here.