Alabama Health Administration Degree Programs
Across the country, health care administrators and managers are looking for ways to improve health and healthcare delivery. Alabama is no different, and the state created a partnership to implement new technology meant to combat Healthcare Associated Infections or HAIs, which ultimately reduces costs within healthcare.
The Alabama partnership, which is known as Putting Power into Healthcare Initiative (PPHI) uses state of the art technology to track hand-washing in 27 participating hospitals. During the pilot study, it was found that installation of the electronic monitoring and communication devices that tracked hand-washing led to a significant decrease in infection rates.
During the study period at just one facility, infection rates were said to have dropped by 22%, resulting in healthcare savings of over $133,00 along with 159 fewer patient days at the hospital.
If you are interested in developing, administering and evaluating similar programs in order to save lives, cut costs and improve healthcare delivery, a degree in healthcare administration may be the right career route for you.
Getting information about what kind of Health Administration degree programs exist in Alabama is your first step. Request information from the schools on this page to start investigating your possibilities.
Healthcare Administration Education in Alabama
The need for healthcare administrators in Alabama can be met by taking advantage of the healthcare administration degree programs for Alabama residents. Below, you will find schools that offer healthcare administration programs in Alabama, including those that have developed online degrees in healthcare.
Most people employed as medical and health services managers and administrators possess a master’s degree, regardless of the state in which they’re employed. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required in all states, including Alabama, for most healthcare management positions. Additionally, you will likely need to pass a licensing exam and complete a state-approved training program, depending upon your focus.
Healthcare Admin degrees in Alabama can lead to additional job opportunities if you are already working in healthcare, and can open new avenues for personal and professional satisfaction for those of you just entering the field of healthcare management. The majority of programs in Healthcare Administration encompass similar core curriculum courses, which often include Healthcare Policy, Ethics, Operational and Systems Management, Healthcare Finance, and Strategic Planning and Health Leadership.
In addition to Federal educational funding, there are other financial aid programs in Alabama including the Junior and Community College Athletic Scholarship Program, the Alabama Student Grant Program, and the Alabama Student Assistance Program.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in Alabama
With an educational background in healthcare administration and previous experience in this field, you may be able to work in a variety of medical settings in Alabama. Administrators are often needed in nonprofit positions, such as those that improve rural healthcare in Alabama. You may also seek out entry-level or mid-level positions at hospitals, nursing homes, and health insurance companies.
As a healthcare administrator, you may enjoy solid job growth in Alabama for several years to come. Through 2022, O*Net anticipates a 20% increase in health services management jobs, a statistic that is right in line with the national average.You may find that a healthcare administration degree prepares you for positions that increase your income potential, depending on which prior healthcare jobs you have held. Per O*Net, the average salary for an Alabama healthcare administrator is $85,900 per year.
2020 Medical and Health Services Manager Estimated Job Openings
Your experience in the healthcare industry is invaluable to the state of Alabama. Find out how you can use it in a leadership position by contacting healthcare administration schools in Alabama.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- BS - Health Information Management
- BA - Health Promotion
- BS - Health Services Administration
- BS - Healthcare Administration
- Graduate Certificate - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Health Care Administration Concentration
- Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Management
- Administration-Health Services, D.Sc (Executive Program)
- Administration-Health Services, Ph.D. (Residential Program)
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Associate of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- M.S. in Health Care Informatics(online)
- DBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- PhD - Gerontology(online)
- PhD - Health Care Admininstration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Administration(online)
- AS - Health Care Administration(online)
- BS - Health Care Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration(online)
- Master of Public Health: Health Education(online)
- Master of Public Health: Public Health Practice(online)