Oregon Health Administration Degree Programs
Located in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon has long been a leader in the development of healthcare policies that attend to the needs of those seeking care in the state. Innovation and adherence to quality indicators have characterized these policies, but Oregon, like many other states, is now facing a harsh reality. As the state’s healthcare leaders attempt to implement the Healthcare Exchanges created as a result of the Affordable Care Act, difficulties continue to plague the state’s health administration resources.
An influx of highly motivated, well-educated healthcare administrators could help ease the state’s woes, and may turn the tide of healthcare back toward the shore. If you possess the drive to help correct Oregon’s healthcare system deliver issues, earning a healthcare administration degree, online or on-campus, may help you make an impact on Oregon health.
You can find several different programs to choose from, ranging from a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration to a Doctoral degree in Public Health Administration. Take some time to review the programs available at different schools in Oregon, and then request health administration program materials from those you might like to attend.
Healthcare Administration Education in Oregon
The future of Oregon health depends greatly upon how medical services leaders deal with the challenges and opportunities facing the state’s healthcare delivery system in the decades to come. If you would like to be a part of the efforts to align quality care with solid reimbursement strategies and feel you have the skills to enter this field, you may want to begin by getting your Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BHA).
If you enter a BHA program, you can plan to spend about four years completing your program. The general studies portion of your curriculum will include psychology and sociology, English and math courses, along with statistics and general electives. Once you’ve completed your generals, you will begin taking Healthcare Administration specific courses. The basis of your core education in this field is meant to prepare you to lead others, understand the intricacies of healthcare systems and delivery, and to become a respected innovator in your field.
Some of the courses you may be required to complete may include:
- Principles of Organizational Behavior, Communication and Theory
- International Healthcare Dynamics
- Ethics for Management
- Strategic Initiative Development
- Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
After you complete your healthcare admin degree in Oregon, whether it be at the Bachelor’s level or higher, you should be prepared for a variety of positions within the state’s healthcare system.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in Oregon
As healthcare standards change throughout the country, it is up to health institutions and businesses to ensure that they are up to code. This requires strong leadership and the willingness to adapt to change and get things done. You can find out exactly what medical institutions and other healthcare employers need by earning a healthcare administration degree.
Completing this advanced degree may qualify you for competitive positions at nursing homes, public health departments, medical consulting firms, and other healthcare employers.
Across the board, job growth in Oregon is in line with what is expected across the country. A 19% swell in medical management jobs is expected by the year 2022 (O*Net, 2012). Oregon health services managers bring in an average salary of $96,300 per year (O*Net, 2015).
2020 Medical and Health Services Manager Estimated Job Openings
The next phase of your career can start right now. Just check out our list of healthcare administration programs in Oregon to find schools near you.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Associate of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- M.S. in Health Care Informatics(online)
- DBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- PhD - Gerontology(online)
- PhD - Health Care Admininstration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Administration(online)
- AS - Health Care Administration(online)
- BS - Health Care Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration(online)
- Master of Public Health: Health Education(online)
- Master of Public Health: Public Health