Tennessee Health Administration Degree Programs
Tennessee is a beautiful state, known for its blues music meccas in Nashville and Memphis. In addition to being a hub for music, the state, just like others across the nation, is dealing with the difficulties of providing its diverse residents with the healthcare services they need. As a result, there are an increasing number of health care education and career opportunities becoming available, including those in Tennessee health management.
A healthcare administration degree can help you enter the field of healthcare service and delivery by preparing you with the education you need to affect Tennessee healthcare in a benefical way. There are several TN health management programs you can choose from, ranging from Associate’s degree programs to graduate programs in health admin. Select those problems below that interest you and request more information today.
Healthcare Administration Education in Tennessee
Most of the major cities in the state of Tennessee offer health administration programs. There are many different healthcare admin degree programs you can choose from, including Hospital Administration, Nursing Home Administration, Public Health and Policy, as well as Dental Office Management and Epidemiology. The opportunities the can open up to you by earning a Healthcare Administration degree in TN are vast. Public and private universities and technical colleges all offer accredited training in health administration, including many online degree programs in TN.
An Associate’s degree will likely take you two years to complete, and will prepare you for an entry level career within the administrative offices of a medical facility. A Bachelor’s degree is the first degree that many people who enter this field choose, as it gives you the background knowledge with which to form the basis for a long lasting career in this field. Your education will begin with General Studies classes in English, Mathematics, Psychology, Sociology and the Biological Sciences.
In a Bachelor’s in Healthcare Admin program, you will likely take many or all of the following courses which relate directly to Tennessee healthcare:
- Healthcare Ethics
- Healthcare Policy
- Healthcare Operations and Systems Delivery
- Legal Issues in Healthcare
- Business Practices in Healthcare
- Healthcare Informatics
- Human Resource Management
If you plan to attend a Graduate level healthcare admin program, you can find detailed information about admissions, courses and graduation requirements on our degree pages.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in Tennessee
As an experienced healthcare professional, you know that medical care is a team effort. Everyone, from CNAs all the way up to executives, contribute to the quality and availability of patient care. The time you have spent in the healthcare industry of Tennessee may put you in the position to make care affordable and available to all the people of Tennessee. These skills are useful in healthcare conglomerates, locally owned clinics and hospitals, advisory boards, and medical advisor firms.
As is the case in much of the country, Tennessee has an expanding demand for healthcare managers. By 2022, demand for medical managers may jump by 19% (O*Net, 2015). Overall, the average salary for a health services manager in Tennessee is $70,800 per year (O*Net, 2015).
2020 Medical and Health Services Manager Estimated Job Openings
The right training and education is key to advancing your career. Contact healthcare administration programs in Tennessee now to find out how your experience can benefit the people and medical institutions of Tennessee.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Associate of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- M.S. in Health Care Informatics(online)
- DBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- PhD - Gerontology(online)
- PhD - Health Care Admininstration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Administration(online)
- AS - Health Care Administration(online)
- BS - Health Care Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration(online)
- Master of Public Health: Health Education(online)
- Master of Public Health: Public Health Practice(online)
- Certificate - Medical Assistant(online)
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding(online)