Healthcare Management Degree Online
As a hospital or practice administrator you have one of the most important roles in health care. You are the manager and director of a complex network of doctors, specialists, nurses, vendors, accountants and more. All the workings of a hospital or practice fall under the realm of your responsibility. You can find yourself working in any size hospital, private care facility, treatment center or health clinic. It is never too late to get your hospital administration degree, or healtcare administration degree through one of the available healthcare schools.
Healthcare Management Job Description
The hospital or practice administrator is in charge of the operation of the health care facility. In essence, you oversee all the departments that make up your facility including accounting, nursing, medicine, dining and more. At a small outpatient clinic, you are likely to have to cover more duties but will also have more one-on-one contact with patients and staff. At a large hospital, with many departments, you might find yourself operating within a team of hospital administrators, each of you responsible for your respective departments.
Regardless of the size of your facility, your day will include a wide range of tasks. You might have a morning breakfast meeting to review a fundraising drive, followed by a sit-down to go over facility budget with your accountants, along with a number of other meetings. Overall, you will be balancing everything from staff concerns to patient care and finances.
What is Healthcare Management? Healthcare Management Requirements
In the past most hospital and practice administrators were doctors or nurses who were promoted into a management role. Now preparation for these positions includes a master’s in health administration, or a healthcare services management degree, along with years of health care and management experience. Typically administrators at larger facilities must have a background in business and hold a Master of Business Administration in health administration, or some sort of healthcare management degree. These degrees allow future administrators to understand the business side of health care. A hospital or practice administrator must be able to see their facility holistically, both from the medical perspective and from the business perspective.
Healthcare Business Management Trends
Hospital administrators can’t just be focused on the bottom line, in fact they are now the public face of their organization and as such are expect to be available and “on top of their game” at almost all times. You can easily find healthcare business administration degrees either through online healthcare management degree programs, or on a traditional healthcare admin school campus to find the best program to pursue your goals.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- BS - Health Information Management
- Graduate Certificate - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Health Care Administration Concentration
- Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Management
- AA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- MBA - Health Services Administration
- Associates of Applied Science in Health Information Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Services Management
- Certificate of Completion in Health Services Management
- Grad Certificate in Health Care Management
- BA - Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Health Care Management Concentration
- Master of Business Administration: Health Care Management Concentration
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)
- MBA - Health Services
- BS - Health Care Management
- Certificate - Healthcare Management