New Jersey Health Administration Degree Programs
As healthcare organizations across New Jersey strive to provide high-quality, patient-centered care, healthcare administrators have become an essential part of the state’s hospital system. Medical organizations utilize healthcare managers to make sure facilities are running smoothly. There are several healthcare organizations in New Jersey that rely on qualified managers, including Morristown Medical Center, Holy Name Medical Center, and the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation. Find healthcare administrator schools in New Jersey for proper healthcare admin training to be successful in this healthcare industry and start your career today!
No matter what your educational needs are, you can find a New Jersey school that can help you prepare for a career in healthcare management. Consider asking each school about their graduation rates, employer relations, and how many graduates find work in their field. Thoroughly examine each school’s curriculum to ensure that the school you choose offers classes that will help you reach your goals. While many programs have similar courses, some will offer specializations or courses that are unique to their programs. You will want to contact a few schools to discuss what kind of career path you want to follow. Be sure to ask what relationships they have with local employers and what recent successes they have seen from their graduates.
Healthcare Administration Education in New Jersey
The schools available to you depend on what type of degree you want to earn. Overall, there are seven healthcare management schools in New Jersey. There are many programs at the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degree levels, including several that can be completed online. With the growth of working professionals going back to school in recent years, online programs have gained considerable credibility among employers, students, and academic institutions across the country. Online learning takes self-motivation and discipline to complete projects and assignments outside of the classroom.
Once you begin your education, consider joining local healthcare professional organizations. Joining these groups as a student can allow you to see what you’re learning in action, obtain professional experience, and even find job openings! These are some of the largest organizations in New Jersey:
- New Jersey Hospital Association
- New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute
- Healthcare Facilities Management Society of New Jersey
- Medical Group Management Association of New Jersey
Classes in healthcare management may cover topics such as personnel management: how to find, interview, and hire medical personnel at different levels
as well as community outreach: how to engage with the community, meet patients’ expectations and needs, and secure volunteers. You may learn how to come up with innovative outreach solutions; NJ.com reports that one local hospital funds healthcare scholarships at local schools. Other classes will include accounting: making sure that each department has the money they need, keeping everyone on budget, and responsibly using large windfalls or donations and medical research: taking note of new medical advances and adapting hospital policies to best reflect evidence-based care.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in New Jersey
New Jersey residents experience a variety of healthcare needs every year. These needs and patient expectations change on an annual basis. To keep up, medical facilities need leaders with a strong grasp of the medical industry and how it is evolving. If you would like to use your healthcare experience to take on a management role, consider what you could do with a healthcare administration degree.
The medical management field of New Jersey has grown steadily for several years, a trend that is expected to continue through 2022 or beyond. The growth rate during this time frame is predicted to be 17% (O*Net, 2015). The average income for a health services manager in this state is $108,100 annually (O*Net, 2015).
Professionals with experience in the healthcare field and an understanding of management principles are employable in a wide range of settings. Learn more about the opportunities in this field by contacting healthcare administration programs in New Jersey.
In New Jersey, O*Net reports an anticipated job growth of 9% between 2010 and 2020. Although this is lower than the national average of 23%, it does represent positive growth and new job opportunities in this field.
Salaries in New Jersey are typically above the national average. O*Net reports that the average salary for a New Jersey health services manager is $102,400, which is almost $15,000 more than the national average. It’s important to consider the cost of living when evaluating your potential salary.
2020 Medical and Health Services Manager Estimated Job Openings
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Associate of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- M.S. in Health Care Informatics(online)
- DBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- PhD - Gerontology(online)
- PhD - Health Care Admininstration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Administration(online)
- AS - Health Care Administration(online)
- BS - Health Care Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration(online)
- Master of Public Health: Health Education(online)
- Master of Public Health: Public Health Practice(online)
- Certificate - Medical Assistant(online)
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding(online)
- Degree - Medical Assistant(online)
- Degree - Medical Billing and Coding(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology(online)
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Administration Emphasis