Pennsylvania Health Administration Degree Programs
Pennsylvania is home to many healthcare organizations that employ educated administrators, including Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Lancaster General Hospital, and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. With a healthcare administration degree, you can reach qualify for management and leadership positions in a variety of organizations. The curriculum of top-notch programs will cover critical topics, such as budgets, marketing, public relations, and organizational effectiveness.
Once you’re ready to begin your school search, there are many factors that can guide your search for the perfect school. In addition to curriculum offerings, you will want to make sure your program will fit with your life and responsibilities. If you work full-time, look for schools that offer evening, weekend, or online classes. Be sure to speak with several schools to make sure the curriculum aligns with your goals.
Healthcare Administration Education in Pennsylvania
Within Pennsylvania’s borders, there are 34 schools that have healthcare administration programs. Many of these schools offer Master’s and doctoral degrees, although some schools do have Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree programs. The Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education has certified five health administration schools in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania State University
- Temple University
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Scranton
- Widener University
While you are earning your degree, you can join one of the many professional healthcare organizations in Pennsylvania. By joining as a student, you can be one step ahead of competitors when it comes to your job search. You can network with professionals in your field and learn about upcoming job opportunities as well as have access to breaking industry news and experts. Some of the most prominent healthcare associations in Pennsylvania include:
- Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Health Care Association
- Pennsylvania Health Care Quality Alliance
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Association for Healthcare Quality
After you complete your healthcare administration degree, you’ll have acquired a number of invaluable skills that can help you in your new career. Some of these skills include:
- Customer relations and policy: how to evaluate patient satisfaction and tailor policies to improve each patient’s care.
- Medical knowledge: different healthcare specialties and how to ensure that each specialty department in an organization has what they need to succeed.
- Financial management: making sure that each department has the money they need to run successfully, ensuring that everything runs on budget.
- Innovation: coming up with cost-effective solutions to new problems.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in Pennsylvania
Representing a diverse population with unique healthcare needs, including rural communities and Amish communities, Pennsylvania is one of many states that can really benefit from the strong management of healthcare administrators. In fact, healthcare executive positions can be found in many different settings, from hospitals and clinics to law firms and government agencies. Earning a healthcare administration degree allows you to use your healthcare experience to influence positive change in this state.
In the decade between 2012 and 2022, Pennsylvania is expected to see a 16% increase in healthcare management jobs across the state (O*Net, 2015). O*Net reports that the average salary for someone in this field is $85,000 per year.
2020 Medical and Health Services Manager Estimated Job Openings
If you are ready to find out what role you play in the future of Pennsylvania healthcare, you can find out now. Use our list of schools below to contact healthcare administration programs in Pennsylvania.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Associate of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- M.S. in Health Care Informatics(online)
- DBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- PhD - Gerontology(online)
- PhD - Health Care Admininstration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Administration(online)
- AS - Health Care Administration(online)
- BS - Health Care Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)