South Carolina Health Administration Degree Programs
South Carolina burdened by the same issues facing many states today, in that there are significant flaws in the healthcare system, and few effective solutions arising. What is needed is leaders…like you.
Healthcare administration schools offer a variety of programs and specialties, allowing you to learn broad based administrative skills as well as specialized tools for use in specific healthcare settings. Take a look at the programs listed below and request information about those you are interested in.
One of the most visible challenges facing the state is the continuing inability of the state’s Veteran’s Administration to provide its patients with timely and effective healthcare. In response to the issue, legislative and healthcare leaders alike are making efforts to improve South Carolina healthcare. These efforts include strengthening the state’s healthcare workforce and improving overall management of programs.
This is where you come in. Earning your Healthcare Administration degree in SC, whether it be a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree, can give you the knowledge base you need to help improve healthcare delivery in South Carolina.
Healthcare Administration Education in South Carolina
You can pursue health services management training in South Carolina. from several different healthcare administration schools. Degree programs are offered at the bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate level, depending on where you are at in your education currently.
Many of the core concepts will be similar across all degree options, with courses becoming progressively more detailed and difficult as you move toward higher degrees.. If you are just starting out in this career field, you will want to ensure that you find an accredited program, so that you can apply for certification as you move along in your career.
Some of the basic learning objectives will be met by taking courses, either on campus or online, in the following subjects.
- Healthcare Policy
- Public Health
- Organizational and Systems Management
- Healthcare Quality and Improvement
If you already have your bachelor’s degree, you may want to consider earning a graduate or doctoral degree to move up the ladder in within healthcare administration. Furthering your education can prepare you for roles in corporate healthcare leadership at the highest levels.
If you are interested in learning more about the options you have for earning your Healthcare Administration degree, request information from the SC healthcare administration schools below to learn more.
Outlook for Healthcare Administration Careers in South Carolina
South Carolina is home to many strong and successful industries, and near the top of the list is healthcare. Not only do medical institutions in South Carolina have to provide care to the state’s millions of residents, they must be ready to meet the needs of the millions of tourists that travel through the state every year. If you are ready to network, use your healthcare experience, and prove your abilities, you may find that healthcare administration is a very rewarding field in South Carolina.
In South Carolina, expected job growth outstrips the national average. From 2012 through 2022, O*Net expects job openings for healthcare managers to increase by 24%. They note that the average salary reported by medical managers is $81,700 per year (O*Net, 2015).
2020 Medical and Health Services Manager Estimated Job Openings
Healthcare management can be a great way to utilize your healthcare knowledge and make a difference in society. Contact healthcare administration programs in South Carolina to find out how to get started.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Associate of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- Associate of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science - Health Care Administration(online)
- M.S. in Health Care Informatics(online)
- DBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- PhD - Gerontology(online)
- PhD - Health Care Admininstration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences(online)
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Administration(online)
- AS - Health Care Administration(online)
- BS - Health Care Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration(online)
- Master of Public Health: Health Education(online)
- Master of Public Health: Public Health Practice(online)
- Certificate - Medical Assistant(online)
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding(online)