Alabama Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Earning a certificate may be a time-efficient, straightforward way to start or advance your career in healthcare administration. With specialized coursework in healthcare administration skills, you may prepare for careers in health management, insurance, and billing. As Alabama officials prepare to investigate health insurance expenses in 2017, these skills may be very valuable (AL.com, 2016).
There are both entry-level and graduate certificate programs in the field of health administration. Both options lead to different career paths and certification options.
Checking out the list of accredited healthcare administrative schools in Alabama is essential.
Click on the schools on our site to get more information on certificate programs in AL.
Healthcare Administration Education in Alabama
If you’re looking into a health administration career for the first time, you may be interested in entry-level Alabama healthcare administration degrees. These programs are intended to be accessible to recent high school graduates and adult students without a postsecondary degree. They focus on specific career skills and job roles, such as healthcare manager or medical assistant.
Practical or clinical experience is often required in healthcare administration education in Alabama. The type and amount of experience you need depends on which certificate you choose.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Patient Care Technician (31 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology (3 credits)
- Medical Terminology (3 credits)
- Phlebotomy (3 credits)
- Infection Control (3 credits)
- Patient Communication (3 credits)
Technical Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Management (15 credits)
- Healthcare Administration (3 credits)
- Healthcare Finance (3 credits)
- Role of Health Informatics in Healthcare (3 credits)
- Ethics and Compliance in Healthcare (3 credits)
Graduate certificates are designed for those who already possess a Master’s degree in healthcare administration or a related field. This type of Alabama healthcare administrative certificate explores issues at a much deeper level, providing the knowledge needed in high-level leadership roles.
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Management (12 credits)
- Healthcare Financial Management (3 credits)
- Legal Foundations of Healthcare (3 credits)
- Health Resources and Policy Analysis (3 credits)
- Advanced Healthcare Management (3 credits)
Alabama Careers in Healthcare Administration
As you begin to explore careers with healthcare administration education requirements, you may find that your options depend on a couple things. First is the topic you study in your certificate program and second is how much work experience you have in the healthcare industry.
With a technical certificate, you may qualify for entry-level careers that put you in contact with patients and healthcare providers. A certificate in patient care technology may lead to a career as a patient representatives.
Patient representatives handle billing issues, scheduling concerns, and other administrative tasks. They earn an average of $31,190 per year in Alabama (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016). By the year 2024, job openings for patient representatives may increase 13% in Alabama (O*Net, 2016).
With a graduate health admin certificate, you may be ready to jump into a healthcare management role. At this level of education, you may qualify for mid-level or high-level management job openings.
Legislation changes constantly in the field of healthcare. As an administrative professional, you must stay on top of federal and state legislative changes to ensure that your facility remains up to code. Joining local professional organizations, such as the Alabama Medical Group Management Association, can help you play an active role in the Alabama healthcare community.
With health administration certificates, Alabama students may pursue competitive careers in various healthcare settings.
Find out which healthcare administration courses you need for a technical or graduate certificate today.
Start by contacting health administrative training programs listed on our site.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- BS - Health Information Management
- BA - Health Promotion
- BS - Health Services Administration
- BS - Healthcare Administration
- Graduate Certificate - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Health Care Administration Concentration
- Healthcare Administration (MBA) - Montgomery, AL
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Public Health (BS)
- Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Management
- Administration-Health Services, D.Sc (Executive Program)
- Administration-Health Services, Ph.D. (Residential Program)
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health