Colorado Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Not only are federal standards for healthcare changing, each state makes dozens of changes to medical laws and standards every year. Without proper leadership and supervision, it’s easy for facilities to fall short of state standards and incur costly fines and tickets.
In Colorado, a strong healthcare infrastructure is particularly important. While the future of the Affordable Care Act on a federal level is uncertain, Colorado officials are determined to maintain their insurance marketplace indefinitely, a decision that requires strong administration (Denverite, 2016).
Whether you’re new to healthcare or a long-time healthcare provider, this is a great time to explore healthcare administration education in Colorado.
Take the first step now by contacting accredited healthcare administration schools in Colorado.
Healthcare Administration Education in Colorado
There are several ways you may advance your education with a certificate program. As you compare schools, you may see that there are technical health administrative training programs and graduate healthcare informatics certificate options.
Technical certificates are typically open to any students that have high school diplomas or GEDs. On the other hand, a graduate certificate builds on a high-level understanding of health management, so it requires a Master’s healthcare administration degree.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Medical Office Assistant (34 credits)
- Health Science Technology (3 credits)
- Health, Safety, and Ethics (3 credits)
- Employment in Health Occupations (3 credits)
- Medical Office Health Technology (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Management (33 credits)
- Healthcare Systems (3 credits)
- Healthcare Financial Management (3 credits)
- International Healthcare Policy and Management (3 credits)
- Quality and Process Improvement (3 credits)
- Legal and Ethical Environments in Healthcare (3 credits)
At both levels of education, you may find that practical experience is essential. Most Colorado schools require an internship or clinical rotation, even those that allow students to complete most of their coursework online. Your healthcare administration skills need constant practice and refining to prepare you for a new career path, and an internship at a local medical facility is an excellent way to make that happen.
Colorado Careers with Healthcare Administration
Colorado schools for healthcare administration offer certificates for busy students who want to begin working as soon as possible. For that reason, each certificate program is highly focused in a specific area of health management.
At the technical level, you may use your education to become a patient representative, a role that involves interfacing with patients on a daily basis. The Bureau of Labor Statistics claims that patient representatives earn an average of $34,830 per year in Colorado (2016). Between 2014 and 2024, job openings in this career path may increase 27% (O*Net, 2016).
If you study management at a graduate level, you may consider pursuing a medical services managerial position. This field is growing extremely quickly, with an anticipated 34% swell in job openings through 2024 (O*Net, 2016). The average annual salary for a Colorado medical services manager is $113,930 (BLS, 2016).
While exploring careers with healthcare administration, you may learn about becoming a medical records technician. These professionals work closely with medical databases, patient information, and patient records to ensure that information is kept secure.
This is the perfect time to learn more about Master’s in health administration CO options and certificate programs.
Check out the list of local and online programs below to contact programs that fit your needs.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Health Care Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management: Health Informatics(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management(online)
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)(online)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management-Informatics(online)
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management(online)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology(online)
- Bachelors of Science in Health Care Management
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Administration Emphasis
- Master of Business Administration - Health Care Administration Emphasis(online)
- Master of Business Administraton: Health Administration emphasis
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Health Administration
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)