Florida Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
What skills can you bring to the field of healthcare? You may prefer administrative tasks and interpersonal management to hands-on patient care and medical testing. If this describes you, a Master of health administration Florida program may be the next step in your education.
While the state of Florida has made many impressive gains in healthcare in recent years, there is a lot of work to be done by administrators, public health officials, and insurance professionals. Statistics indicate that Florida has an above-average percentage of children in poor health and an above-average percentage of adults without proper healthcare coverage (WGCU, 2016).
You may prepare for your dream career at health science certificate programs.
Florida schools are listed below, so contact programs near you to learn more.
Healthcare Administration Education in Florida
You may want to evaluate your prior health administration education and work experience to find a healthcare informatics career that suits you.
There are two main certificate programs you may discover in your search: technical certificates, which are ideal for those without an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree, and graduate certificates, which give Master’s degree graduates the chance to build up their skills in a specific area of study.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Health Management (24 credits)
- Medical Terminology (3 credits)
- Healthcare Project Management (3 credits)
- Standard Healthcare Practices (3 credits)
- Health Data Analysis (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Medical Informatics (15 credits)
- Statistical Methods in Healthcare Research (3 credits)
- Bioinformatics (3 credits)
- Human-Computer Interaction (3 credits)
- Data Science for Clinical Research (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Services Administration (12 credits)
- Principles of Health Services Administration (3 credits)
- Healthcare Budgeting and Financial Management (3 credits)
- Healthcare Leadership (3 credits)
- Healthcare Human Resources Management (3 credits)
You may complete your training fairly quickly. At many health services administration program Florida schools, you can earn your certificate in one to two semesters. Some certificate options require a full semester-long internship, while others require a shorter practicum. Others do not require any work experience, although it is still recommended.
Florida Careers with Healthcare Administration
Thanks to Florida’s well-developed healthcare industry, there are many healthcare administration jobs in nursing homes, clinics, insurance companies, and hospitals. Developing your healthcare administration skills in an internship may help you connect with potential employers and line up job options.
Patient representatives connect with patients via phone, face-to-face communication, and email on a daily basis. They must have a comprehensive knowledge of their facility’s policies and standards. The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that patient representatives earn an average of $30,530 per year in Florida (2016). O*Net expects a 22% increase in job openings between 2014 and 2024 (2016).
Those who become medical information technicians typically spend less time with patients and spend more time working with advanced health informatics technology. For that, they claim an average income of $39,830 per year (BLS, 2016). Per O*Net, job openings may increase 24% by the year 2024 (2016).
Medical services managers take on administrative tasks at every level of leadership within healthcare facilities. Their average healthcare administration salary is $112,420 per year (BLS, 2016). You may see job openings swell 25% by the year 2024 (O*Net, 2016).
Ready to start your journey to a rewarding healthcare career?
Get more information on Florida health administration degrees and certificates now by contacting the schools listed below.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Health Care Management
- Health Information Technology- Associate of Applied Science
- BS - Health Services Administration
- Graduate Certificate - Health Services Administration
- MS - Health Services Administration
- MS/MPH - Health Services Admin/Public Health
- AAS - Health Science
- BS - Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Health Administration
- Bachelor of Health Sciences in Health Administration
- Certificate in Health Management
- Master of Business Administration: Health Administration Track
- Master of Health Administration
- Bachelor of Health Services Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Graduate Certificate in Health Services Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health Foundations
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management
- Master of Health Services Administration
- Master of Public Health with a Specialization in Biostatistics
- Master of Public Health with a Specialization in Community Nutrition
- Master of Public Health with a Specialization in Environmental and Occupational Health
- Master of Public Health with a Specialization in Epidemiology
- Master of Public Health with a Specialization in Health Policy and Management
- Master of Public Health with a Specialization in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Master of Public Health(online)
- PhD in Public Health with a specialization in Community Nutrition
- PhD in Public Health with a specialization in Environmental and Occupational Health
- PhD in Public Health with a specialization in Epidemiology
- PhD in Public Health with a specialization in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration
- AA in Healthcare Management(online)
- BA in Business Administration/Healthcare Management(online)
- MBA/Healthcare Management(online)