Illinois Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
It takes a lot of management and planning to ensure that healthcare facilities run smoothly, particularly with patients utilizing different insurance plans and funding sources to cover their care.
Health administrative training programs cover the managerial side of healthcare, including the protection of patient information, staff management techniques, finance, and state law. In any area, healthcare managers often respond to immediate, pressing threats, such as the viral superbug that overran several Illinois healthcare facilities in 2016 (Chicago Tribune, 2016).
Excited about the opportunities available in the field of medical management? Learn more about healthcare administration degree options before you make a decision.
Start by contacting the Illinois schools listed below.
Healthcare Administration Education in Illinois
One of the biggest factors that determines which type of certificate is best for you is your current level of education.
Master’s-level certificates often have fairly stringent admissions requirements. Some serve as a bridge between undergraduate and graduate study; these options require a Bachelor’s degree.
Others are designed for those who have already completed a graduate degree in health administration. These programs require a Master’s degree, and occasionally, work experience in healthcare.
Technical certificate programs are optimized for those without previous postsecondary study. However, those with an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree may choose a certificate program if they have never worked in the field of healthcare.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Long-Term Care Administration (16 credits)
- Long-Term Care Services (3 credits)
- Nursing Home Administration (3 credits)
- Nursing Home Administrative Practices (3 credits)
- Aging and Long-Term Care (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Information Administration (29 credits)
- Health Information Supervision (3 credits)
- Information Systems in Healthcare (3 credits)
- Financial and Resource Information (3 credits)
- Coding and Classification Systems (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Public Health Management (13 credits)
- Principles of Management in Public Health (3 credits)
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting (3 credits)
- Public Health Resource Management (3 credits)
- Organizational Leadership in Public Health (4 credits)
There are some online programs to consider. Illinois is home to many healthcare administration Chicago-based programs that expose students to urban healthcare and its various challenges.
Illinois Careers with Healthcare Administration
Depending on your work experience and degree level, you may have quite a few healthcare administration jobs to explore before settling on a career path. Your healthcare administration salary may be influenced by several factors, including which part of Illinois you work in and which type of healthcare facility you work in.
Private facilities often pay more than state-managed facilities. Currently, patient representatives claim an average annual income of $36,620 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016). Those who become employed as medical records technicians bring in an average of $40,190 per year (BLS, 2016). In Illinois, the average annual income for a medical services manager is $101,840 (BLS, 2016).
Predicted job growth rates are fairly similar to national averages. Between 2014 and 2024, demand for patient representatives may increase 9% (O*Net, 2016). After completing health administration certificate programs, IL graduates may become medical records technicians. In this specialty, job openings may jump 10% by the year 2024 (O*Net, 2016). Within the field of medical management, demand for health services managers are expected to swell 7% during this timeframe (O*Net, 2016).
With a technical certificate in healthcare administration, you may look into entry-level management jobs that put you in charge of small teams. With a graduate degree from an MBA healthcare management Illinois school, you may qualify for mid-level and high-level management jobs.
This is the time to start the next stage of your healthcare career. If you’re interested in hospital administration certificate programs, Illinois schools can help you find the right program for you.
Request information from local and online health certificate programs below.
TOP HEALTH ADMINISTRATION SCHOOLS
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Accelerated MBA - Healthcare Administration(online)
- MBA - Health Care Administration(online)
- MPH - Health Administration(online)
- MPH - Health Management & Policy(online)
- MS - Public Health(online)
- AAS - Health Information Technology
- AAS - Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Administration
- Certificate in Long-Term Care Administration
- Master of Health Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management
- Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Leadership
- Masters in Healthservices Administration
- Doctor of Medicine / Master of Public Health
- Masters of Public Health
- Health Information Management Bachelor Degree
- Health Information Management Bachelors Degree
- Health Sciences Associates Degree
- Health and Wellness Bachelors Degree-Completion Program
- Healthcare Associates Degree
- Healthcare Management Bachelors Degree-Completion Program
- Healthcare Management Bachelors Degree-Completion Program
- Human Services Bachelors Degree-Completion Program
- Human Services Bachelor’s Degree-Completion Program
- Master of Science In Healthcare Administration and Management
- Master of Science in Health Systems Management
- Masters in Business Administration: Health Administration Concentration
- Bachelor of Applied Science and Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management of Health Care Enterprises
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Medical Assistant with Office Management - Fairview Heights, IL
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences Management