Iowa Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Throughout the United States, healthcare facilities have expanded and opened new branches in response to changing healthcare laws that govern access, affordability, and care quality. With strong managers who are well-versed in healthcare law, facilities have a greater chance of succeeding and meeting federal standards.
Iowa health administration degree programs aim to help healthcare providers and those new to the healthcare industry develop the managerial skills needed to head up departments, care teams, and institutions.
Experts and healthcare executives note that the need for healthcare managers is growing in Iowa, particularly those with interdisciplinary training and a team-focused approach to administration (NOW, 2016).
If you’re interested in certificate and graduate programs in healthcare administration, Iowa is an excellent place to check out your options.
Browse the list of schools below and reach out to programs near you.
Healthcare Administration Education in Iowa
Certificates vary quite a bit in what they teach, how long they take, and admissions requirements. If you choose a technical certificate, you may enjoy the most relaxed admissions requirements.
These programs are open to those with high school degrees and GEDs, although Associate’s and Bachelor’s graduates may benefit from this type of certificate if they do not have any previous experience in healthcare.
Master’s-level certificate programs tend to be much more competitive. Some require only a Bachelor’s degree, while others expect applicants to have a Master’s in health administration from an accredited school. Your training may explore financial issues in healthcare, management techniques that work in this field, ethics and laws governing healthcare, and current issues faced by administrators.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Leadership (20 credits)
- Leadership Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- Perspectives on Health Leadership (3 credits)
- Philosophy of Healthcare (3 credits)
- Ethics in Human Relations (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Public Health (15 credits)
- Introduction to Public Health (3 credits)
- Evidence-Based Public Health (3 credits)
- Fundamentals of Public Health (3 credits)
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Administration (18 credits)
- Healthcare Ethics (3 credits)
- Healthcare Marketing (3 credits)
- Healthcare Management Concepts (3 credits)
- Principles of Healthcare Economics (3 credits)
Iowa Careers with Healthcare Administration
Accredited healthcare administration schools aim to give students the practical skills, theoretical knowledge, and hands-on experience they need to become active in the workforce shortly after graduation.
While completing your healthcare administration degree, you may want to participate in training events and connecting with administrative professionals. They can help you navigate this field and apply for upcoming job openings.
Some healthcare administration jobs offer entry-level experience in the laws and standards of this industry. Consider becoming a patient representative; professionals in this field earn an average of $32,610 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016). Job openings for patient representatives are expected to jump 16% by the year 2024 (O*Net, 2016).
The field of medical records technology requires an extensive knowledge of patient privacy laws, proper data storage methods, and methods for processing patient data and paperwork. The average annual salary for a medical records technician is $39,180 (BLS, 2016). From 2014 through 2024, job openings for medical records technicians may increase 12% (O*Net, 2016).
Medical services managers work at different levels of healthcare organizations, ensuring that healthcare providers and support staff fit Iowa regulations and requirements. The average healthcare administration salary for a medical manager is $80,920 per year (BLS, 2016). O*Net expects job openings for medical managers to swell 16% through the year 2024 (2016).
Ready to find out which certificate fits your career goals and professional talents?
Get started now by requesting information from Master’s programs in healthcare administration in Iowa.
TOP HEALTH ADMINISTRATION SCHOOLS
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Certificate - Healthcare Leadership
- MHA - Healthcare Administration
- Associates of Science in Health Care Administration
- Associates of Science in Health Care Administration(online)
- BS in Health Care Administration
- BS in Health Information Management
- BS in Health and Wellness
- BSHUS - Gerentology
- BSHUS - Human Services Administration
- BSHUS - Youth/Family Services and Administration
- Health Information Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- MSM - Health Care Management
- MSN - Executive Leader
- MSN - Nurse Informatics
- Master of Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult - Gerontology Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Administration
- Masters in Business Administration: Health Care Administration Concentration
- Master of Health Administration and Master of Public Health in Policy joint degree
- Master of Health Administration in Health Management and Policy
- Master of Health Administration/Juris Doctor in Law Joint Degree
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning Combined Degree
- Master of Health Administration/Master of Business Administration Joint Degree
- Master of Public Health in Policy
- PhD in Health Services & Policy
- Public Health Certificate(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration
- Medical Assistant with Office Management - Des Moines, IA
- Medical Billing and Coding - Des Moines, IA