Maine Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Healthcare is a critical component of Maine society, not to mention the state’s ever-changing economy. As Maine’s population ages and leaders try to draw in young families, the need for effective and affordable healthcare may continue to grow. This is particularly true with the recent consolidation of numerous clinics and hospitals into MaineHealth (Press Herald, 2016).
As these facilities try to navigate these changes, they’ll rely on strong statewide leadership and institutional management. Maine health administrative training programs can help you broaden your skill set in this area and learn about the management needs of the medical industry.
Is a career in healthcare management right for you? Take the first step to a certificate now.
Contact the best accredited healthcare administration schools in Maine today.
Healthcare Administration Education in Maine
While comparing healthcare administration courses and degrees, you may come across both technical and graduate certificates. Technical certificates are often designed to help students prepare for entry-level careers, since they are open to students without any prior Associate’s-level or Bachelor’s-level study.
Graduate certificates tend to have more stringent requirements, since they are intended for students who have a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree; each program sets its own requirements. Across the board, certificate programs make the most of your study time. Many options last less than one year, giving you the freedom to jump into the workforce more quickly.
You may be interested in earning your health administration certificate online. Maine schools may permit students to complete some or all of their coursework online. Some programs have schedules similar to in-person programs, while others use a more flexible self-study option.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Long-Term Care Administration (15 credits)
- Aging in America (3 credits)
- Long-Term Care Laws and Regulations (3 credits)
- Healthcare Financial Management (3 credits)
- Nursing Home Administration (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Administration (18 credits)
- American Healthcare Systems (3 credits)
- Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- Healthcare Administration Foundations (3 credits)
- Legal Aspects of Healthcare Administration (3 credits)
- Ethics in Health Administration (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Public Health (12 credits)
- Medical Anthropology (3 credits)
- Legal Issues in Health and Human Services (3 credits)
- Introduction to Public Health (3 credits)
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology (3 credits)
Maine Careers with Healthcare Administration
If you have existing connections with healthcare administrators and legislators by the time you graduate, you may already be aware of healthcare administration jobs that are open in your community.
Those with a technical certificate or who want to get some hands-on experience in the healthcare industry often decide to start out as patient representatives. This position can help you get comfortable with healthcare terminology and patient privacy laws.
Requiring slightly more training is a medical records technician position. These positions involve a knowledge of administrative and medical records programs. The average healthcare administration salary for a medical records technician is $36,200 per year (BLS, 2016). O*Net anticipates a 9% increase in job openings by the year 2024 (2016).
A certificate in Maine health policy and management may serve you well if you want to become a health services manager. By 2024, demand for health services managers may jump 9% in Maine (O*Net, 2016). Throughout the state, health services managers claim an average annual income of $95,660 (BLS, 2016).
The journey to a health administration career may start right here. You just need to find a school that suits your needs.
Use the list of schools below to contact Maine healthcare administration degree programs.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- BBA - Business Management-Healthcare Secretary
- BS in Health Care Administration - Lewiston, ME
- BS in Health Information Management
- BS in Health and Wellness
- BS in Public Administration and Policy - Advanced Start
- BSHUS - Youth/Family Services and Administration
- BSHUS - Youth/Family Services and Administration
- Health Information Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management - Augusta, ME
- MPA - Health Care Management
- MSM - Health Care Management
- MSN - Executive Leader
- MSN - Nurse Informatics
- Master of Health Care Administration - Lewiston, ME
- Master of Public Health - Lewiston, ME
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult - Gerontology Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration(online)
- Bachelor of Science in Long-Term Care Administration(online)
- Certificate in Health Administration(online)
- Certificate in Long-Term Care Administration(online)
- Master of Health Administration(online)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health
- Master of Public Health