Tennessee Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
If you have ever wanted to start a career in healthcare but you never knew where to start, this may be the time you’ve been waiting for. The healthcare industry has seen a massive amount of growth in recent years, a trend that isn’t expected to change significantly any time soon.
In fact, as Tennessee’s population continues to grow, the need for highly trained healthcare professionals may just continue to expand.
Tennessee is home to many schools that offer healthcare administration training, allowing students like you to choose a degree that aligns with their goals and professional interests.
Make your move now by contacting Tennessee healthcare administration degree programs.
Healthcare Administration Education in Tennessee
Which healthcare certificate program in TN is right for you? It all depends on what type of job title you’d like to earn after graduation and how much education you’ve already completed.
You may want to explore the state’s many technical certificate programs if you have an Associate’s degree or a high school diploma. These programs tend to have fairly flexible admissions requirements, since they are open to new high school graduates and adults who have spent a long time away from postsecondary education.
Programs range from 12 to 31 credits, so you may be able to choose a degree that fits your schedule and intended career path. Another option is a graduate certificate, which is only accessible to students who already have a Bachelor’s degree. Since these programs require an undergraduate degree, they may offer more rigorous coursework and a greater spread of employment options after graduation.
Comparing healthcare informatics certificate options? Look into phlebotomy technician programs in Tennessee. Phlebotomy technicians are responsible for drawing blood for plasma donation, blood donation, blood testing, and other purposes. This short-term program is ideal for detail-oriented students who can handle the sight of blood. Obviously, in a program that focuses on a physical skill, clinical experience is mandatory.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Phlebotomy Technician (31 credits)
- Skin Puncture
- Capillary Punctures
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Issues in Phlebotomy
You already have a Bachelor’s degree and you want to take your education to the next level. In that case, a healthcare management certificate in Tennessee could propel you forward. A healthcare management certificate is designed to be finished in just one year of study, providing insight into healthcare financial management, economics, and operations.
Some programs can be finished entirely online, so they don’t require practical experience. However, you may still want to make it a priority to complete an internship.
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Management (18 credits)
- Management and Operations Concepts
- Healthcare Delivery Issues
- Health Economics
- Healthcare Marketing
- Informatics for Healthcare Professionals
Another graduate certificate option is one in healthcare administration and planning. This is very similar to healthcare management, but it goes further in its study of program planning and assessment. This type of program is optimal for those with previous experience in the healthcare industry and those who would like to reach executive-level positions after graduation.
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Healthcare Administration and Planning (18 credits)
- Health Organization and Delivery Systems
- Financial Management for Health and Nonprofit Organizations
- Research Methods
- Statistics for Public Administrators
- Ethics and Values in the Public Sector
The healthcare administration courses required in Tennessee certificate programs may give you the push you need to explore new healthcare administration jobs in this state.
Find the best healthcare certificate program in TN for you today by requesting information from schools near you.
Tennessee Careers with Healthcare Administration
Health administrative training programs often focus on one or two specific career paths, allowing students to select a school that fits their needs. In fact, that’s one of the benefits of a healthcare certificate; it is created to fit highly specialized employment goals and employer expectations. In your final month or so of school, you can look into job openings in Tennessee to discover which options fit your goals and schedule.
Those who are new to healthcare as an industry may need to get some entry-level experience before moving on to management roles. One way to accomplish this is to become a patient representative.
Patient representatives in Tennessee work with patients face-to-face or over the phone to handle appointment scheduling, billing disputes, and other issues. The average patient representative salary in Tennessee is $32,260 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2017). By 2024, job openings for patient representatives may swell 18% (O*Net, 2017).
Demand is growing extremely quickly for medical information technicians. Health records technicians preserve patient records and keep them inaccessible to unauthorized sources. By 2024, you may see a 29% increase in job openings in this field (O*Net, 2017). Currently, medical information technicians earn an average of $38,270 per year (BLS, 2017).
If you want to become a medical manager, you may be able to choose from entry-level, mid-level, and high-level administrative positions. The average healthcare administration salary in TN for a medical manager is $93,570 annually (BLS, 2017). Job openings are expected to swell 31% by 2024 (O*Net, 2017).
Don’t wait any longer to start working toward a meaningful career in healthcare.
Check out our list of healthcare administration degree options on this page and contact Tennessee schools near you.
TOP HEALTH ADMINISTRATION SCHOOLS
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- BAS - Healthcare Administration
- BS - Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration
- Master of Business Administration: Healthcare Management Concentration
- Certificate in Health Care Management
- Master of Science in Professional Science - Health Care Informatics
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science(online)
- AAS in Electronic Medical Records - Chattanooga, TN
- Phlebotomy Technician - Certificate of Completion
- Master in Business Administration - Healthcare Administration Emphasis
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration and Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management
- Certificate in Health Care Administration and Planning
- Master of Public Health
- Masters in Business Administration: Healthcare Economics and Management Concentration
- Master of Public Health: Health Planning and Administration Concentration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Administration
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Health: Biostatistics Concentration
- Master of Public Health: Environmental Health Concentration
- Master of Public Health: Epidemiology Concentration
- Master of Public Health: Health Systems Concentration
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Master of Buisness Administration: Health Care Specialization
- Master of Management in Healthcare
- Medical Assistant with Office Management - Appling Farms, TN
- Medical Assistant with Office Management - Memphis, TN
- Medical Billing and Coding - Appling Farms, TN
- Medical Billing and Coding - Memphis, TN