PhD Healthcare Administration Degree Programs in California
Why Should I Get My PhD in Healthcare Administration in California?
Few states endure the variety of healthcare challenges that California deals with on a daily basis. California has an extremely diverse population, a large geographic area, and people of varying socioeconomic levels in its borders. Meeting the healthcare needs of everyone is a challenge that demands the input of skilled health professionals. The research, leadership, and analysis skills taught in a PhD program are designed to advance your education and your career.
California has a growing need for healthcare leaders, researchers, and policymakers in various specialties. Learn how to further your education by contacting PhD health administration in California programs.
Currently, California is facing the challenge of balancing its healthcare budget. This has left the state with a significant funding shortage (FOX 40, 2016). With a PhD in healthcare administration in California, you should have the problem solving skills required to help patients get the services they need while still keeping costs reasonable.
In coming years, you may see the healthcare industry of California grow significantly. This is due to California’s efforts to take control of its prison health care system, which is currently under federal control (San Diego Tribune, 2016). Your degree may qualify you for positions that ensure the quality of prison healthcare, analyze prison healthcare statistics, and set standards.
Are There Online PhD Programs in Healthcare Administration in California?
Earning a PhD is a huge accomplishment, which is why you should expect to work very hard at this level of education. Many programs accept both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree graduates. If you currently only have an undergraduate degree, plan on completing at least 70 credits. This works out to approximately six years of education. If you have a relevant Master’s degree, you may be able to finish your PhD in about four years.
No matter which program you select, educational expectations should be fairly similar. Your curriculum may include:
- Health Systems Organization and Financing
- Health Services Research Design
- Practices of Evaluation in Health Services
- Applied Regression
- Health Services Research Methodology
The vast majority of schools have some type of graduate assistantship program. These programs typically give you the chance to work as a teaching assistant or research assistant in exchange for PhD funding. However, there are other resources to consider. The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development awards the Health Professions Education Foundation Scholarship.
What Kind of PhD in Health Administration Jobs Can I Find in California?
While becoming a doctor of health administration in California, you may have the opportunity to complete an internship. This is an excellent way to choose your career path and get experience with different job titles.
A significant number of graduates pursue work in health services management. According to O*Net, job openings for health services managers may increase 22% between 2012 and 2022 (2016). The average annual salary for a health services manager is $122,800 (BLS, 2016).
On the research side of health administration, consider becoming a research coordinator. Statewide demand for clinical research coordinators may swell 18% by 2022, and the average salary for this position is $105,310 per year (BLS, 2016).
You can help shape the future of California healthcare, whether you see yourself working in management, legislation, or research. Take the first step to a PhD in health administration in California now by contacting schools below.
HEALTH ADMINISTRATION SCHOOLS
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Doctor of Public Health in Epidemiology
- Doctor of Public Health in Global Health
- Doctor of Public Health in Health Education
- Doctor of Public Health in Health Policy and Leadership
- Doctor of Public Health in Nutriton
- Doctor of Public Health in Preventive Care
- Doctor of Public Health with Doctor of Psychology in Preventive Care and Clinical Pyschology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Public Health - Concentrations in Epidemiology / Health Behavior / Global Health
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.d) in Biostatistics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Health Services
- Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.)
- Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.) in Biostatistics
- Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.) in Epidemiology
- Doctor of Public Health (Dr.P.H.) in Health Services
- Doctoral Degree in Public Health (Ph.D)
- Doctor of Public Health
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)