PhD Health Administration Degree Programs in Minnesota
Why Should I Get My PhD in Healthcare Administration in Minnesota?
Across the nation, the healthcare industry is under fire. Patients are demanding affordable care, evidence-based procedures, and insurance that meets their needs. In many ways, Minnesota is ahead of the curve, meeting the expectations of its residents.
This is the time to explore your educational options. Use our list of schools below to learn more about earning a PhD in healthcare administration in Minnesota.
If you have experience in business or healthcare, a DHA degree in Minnesota may prepare you for new career options. In this state, increases in healthcare spending are at an all-time low (Brainerd Dispatch, 2016). With this accomplishment, you may use your education to ensure that state money is being spent appropriately.
Access is another area in which Minnesota excels. In a national study, Minnesota was ranked number two for healthcare access (Biz Journals, 2016). If you plan on going into administration, this could impact the patient load of your doctors and nurse practitioners.
Are There Online PhD Programs in Healthcare Administration in Minnesota?
If you have a Master’s degree in healthcare administration, you may be just a few years away from earning your PhD. You may be able to transfer 30 credits from a relevant Master’s degree program to your PhD program, leaving you with 40 to 50 credits to complete. Otherwise, you may be required to earn at least 70 credits prior to graduation.
Throughout your time at best DHA schools Minnesota, you may take courses in healthcare management, finance in healthcare, healthcare policy, and healthcare ethics.
Explore different curricula to find courses like:
- Marketing for Healthcare Professionals
- Healthcare Human Resources Management
- Healthcare Strategies in Competitive Markets
- Operations Research and Quality in Healthcare
- Health Finance
- Topics in Health Economics
- Information Technology in Healthcare
- Core Concepts in Managing Healthcare Organizations
Although you do learn quite a bit in classroom courses, they aren’t the only way you learn at this level. Practical experience is often mandatory, whether it comes in the form of a practicum or an internship. You may also gain experience as a health administration researcher or teacher, as the majority of PhD programs require PhD candidates to work as research and teaching assistants. In return, you may earn partial or full funding.
Your dissertation may require at least two years of full-time study. With an advisor, you create a research thesis, write your dissertation, and defend it to a panel of experts.
What Kind of PhD in Health Administration Jobs Can I Find in Minnesota?
With a PhD healthcare administration in Minnesota, you may consider careers in teaching, research, management, and legislation. Minnesota has many large agencies and employers that may benefit from your skills. Some of the largest health employers in Minnesota are Minneapolis Medical Research, Clinical Research Institute, and University of Minnesota.
Currently, medical services managers in Minnesota earn an average of $105,820 per year (BLS, 2016). Demand for medical managers is expected to increase 17% by 2022 (O*Net, 2016). Those who work as clinical research coordinators earn a median salary of $71,360 annually; statistics indicate a possible 5% increase in job openings by 2022 (O*Net, 2016).
Are you ready to use your interest in healthcare to improve life for Minnesota residents? Take the first step now and contact schools below to learn more about earning a PhD in healthcare administration in Minnesota.
HEALTH ADMINISTRATION SCHOOLS
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Services Research, Policy, and Administration
- Doctor of Health Administration(online)
- Emergency Management - Doctorate(online)
- Emergency Management-Advanced - Doctorate(online)
- Ph.D. in Human Services - Public Health(online)
- Ph.D. in Human and Social Services - Healthcare(online)
- Ph.D. in Public Health - Community Health Education(online)
- Ph.D. in Public Health - Epidemiology(online)
- Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration - Public Administration(online)
- Public Management and Leadership - Doctorate(online)
- Public Management and Leadership-Advanced - Doctorate(online)