Maryland Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Online Healthcare Administration Certificate Programs
Healthcare providers are often viewed as the most important part of the medical industry, thanks to their advanced training in patient care and federal standards. However, without strong management, even the most well-trained care providers struggle to handle patient loads, facility standards, state laws, and federal expectations.
Earning a certificate in healthcare administration could help you meet the needs of these healthcare facilities. Healthcare leaders have achieved several key successes in recent years, including maintaining fairly low healthcare costs while other states have seen significant increases in cost (Biz Journals, 2016).
Ready to earn a healthcare administration degree or certificate?
Get more information on your options now by reaching out to Maryland schools below.
Healthcare Administration Education in Maryland
To choose the right certificate program for you, you must consider what your career goals are, how much healthcare work experience you have, and how much previous education you have.
Certificate programs tend to be highly focused on specific career paths, rather than giving students an overall introduction to healthcare management. For example, if you earn a technical certificate, you may study entry-level management, medical office management, medical assisting, or informatics. At the graduate level, you may study key topics like global health, public health, or health finance.
Technical Certificate of Completion in Health Services Management (9 credits)
- Health Resource Management and Policy (3 credits)
- Leadership in Healthcare (3 credits)
- Financial Management in Health Service Organizations (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Health Finance and Management (18 credits)
- Applications in Managing Health Organizations (3 credits)
- Managing Health Services Organizations (3 credits)
- Case Studies in Management and Decision Making (3 credits)
- Evaluating Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Programs (3 credits)
Graduate Certificate of Completion in Global Health (12 credits)
- Foundations of Global Health (3 credits)
- Global Health Communication and Promotion (3 credits)
- Global Health Program Planning and Evaluation (3 credits)
- History of Public Health (3 credits)
You may want to make hands-on experience a high priority in your healthcare administration courses. Connecting with leaders and legislators can help you build a professional network that is there for you when you begin the job search.
Maryland Careers with Healthcare Administration
In many states, the demand for those who can fill healthcare administration jobs is high. In Maryland, many job growth rates are significantly higher than average.
Between 2014 and 2024, job openings for patient representatives are expected to increase 18% in Maryland (O*Net, 2016). At the same time, demand for medical records technicians may swell 20% (O*Net, 2016). O*Net expects job openings for medical services managers to increase 21% in Maryland (O*Net, 2016).
Similarly, average healthcare administration salary numbers are often higher than average, as is generally the case in New England states. Those who work as patient representatives claim an average annual income as $36,390 (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016).
Those who decide to become medical records technicians bring in an average salary of $47,930 per year (BLS, 2016). Within the field of medical services management, the average salary is $111,420 per year (BLS, 2016). Throughout the state, you may look for employment options in clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, health insurance companies, and government agencies.
As you gain experience and build a reputation for high-quality work within the field of healthcare management, you may find that your job options expand accordingly.
This is a great time to check out Maryland health administrative training programs.
Browse the list of schools below and request information from programs that interest you.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Certificate in Health Services Management
- Bachelor of Technical and Professional Studies in Health Science Administration
- Bachelor of Arts-Master of Health Science (BA-MHS) - General
- Certificate Program - Bioethics and Health Policy
- Certificate Program - Gerontology
- Certificate Program - Global Health
- Certificate Program - Health Disparities & Health Inequality
- Certificate Program - Health Finance & Management
- Certificate Program - Injury Control
- Certificate Program - Public Health Economics
- Certificate Program - Public Health Informatics
- Certificate Program - Public Health Preparedness
- Certificate Program - Public Mental Health Research
- Certificate Program - Risk Sciences and Public Policy
- Certificate in Health Finance and Management
- Certificate in Public Health Economics
- Certificate in Public Health Preparedness
- Certificate in Public Health Training for American Indian Health Professionals
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Bioethics and Health Policy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Biostatistics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Child and Adolescent Health & Development
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Environmental and Occupational Health Policy: Gerontology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Environmental and Occupational Health Policy: Injury Control(online)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Environmental and Occupational Health Policy: Social Policy and Health
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Environmental and Occupational Health Policy: The Practice of Prevention
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Global Disease Epidemiology and Control (GDEC)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Health Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Health Services Research and Policy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Health Systems
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Health and Public Policy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Human Nutrition
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Mental Health
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Population and Health
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Reproductive, Perinatal and Women's Health
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Social and Behavioral Interventions (SBI)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Social and Behavioral Sciences-Health Education And Communication
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) - Social and Behavioral Sciences-Social And Psychological Influences on Health